We offer a nice variety of mulch to suit your needs.
Inquire about how to estimate how much you will need for your next project. We are always happy to help.
Softscape mulch –Sienna
Softscape mulch – Chestnut
Grade A Cypress
How to mulch
Beautifying your home’s appearance with colored mulch is not a difficult task. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Spray beds for weeds ― One to two weeks before mulching.
2. Unload mulch — Unload mulch (empty bags, if using) and store it on grass or bare earth while preparing beds. If storing on concrete or finished surfaces, place bulk mulch on tarp(s) to prevent any discoloring.
3. Clean out beds — Loosen any old, compacted mulch with a rake (or remove if desired); clear out any leaves, twigs, etc.
4. Spread mulch ― Spread the colored mulch over the existing loosened mulch or bare ground. Make sure the colored mulch is spread evenly and to a depth of two to four inches. It should slope away from structures for proper water runoff.
5. Avoid H2O — When applying colored mulch, allow it to dry, avoiding exposure to sprinklers or rain for an initial 24 to 48 hours; if it does rain prior to the mulch drying, rake the surface of the bed to even out the color intensity.
6. Rinse tools when completed — This helps prevent discoloring.
7. Clean off pavement (if necessary) — If the colorant gets on pavement or other finished surfaces, simply use a pressure washer to remove it.
8. Maintenance ― After a few weeks, check the mulch for compaction; if needed, use a rake or cultivator to loosen it up. A couple of inches of fresh mulch should be applied annually to brighten your landscape for the coming season.
We now offer POP Pine Straw, a colored enhanced slash straw that will last more than twice as long as traditional straw. Please call for more info.
GET IN TOUCH!
2815 N. Highway 190
Covington, LA 70433